aquamarine

MARCH 2019

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die.

– Mary Elizabeth Frye

˚. ·   ˚  

I found this poem while scrolling through my Instagram, and I was immediately stricken. This poem spoke to me in ways I never thought a poem could. I immediately saved it to my notes of overflowing prompts.

I find death to be an interesting concept. I suck at writing it, but I love reading it, and the fine line between the prompt of death is where I stand. I relate to this poem greatly. I’ve always thought of something beyond death, like whispers in the wind, and toying with the mere ideas I can come up with excites me.

I once wrote a story about an angel stuck on earth, as she couldn’t pass through due to “unfinished business”. She had to finish one more task, one she wanted most but could never do in her living days, in order to rest. The task was love related, obviously, and I never finished the story, obviously. I would love to restart it though (not continue it, because that’s a headache).

++

LOVE LETTERS TO THE MOON

˚. ·   ˚  

I was reading a story, as always, when I stumbled across one specific sentence. I remember staring at it for a few seconds before thinking “dang, that would be an amazing prompt to write about”. Such a visualization about love letters to the moon is right down my alley. My whole blog is literally about the moon and the sky. I’m a sucker for love, and I think it’s one of the things I’m obsessed with in terms of writing and reading.

My immediate thought for this prompt was about a story I read, in which a man on the moon falls in love with a girl on earth, yet there’s the inevitable truth that he’ll never meet her. I would love to write a similar story! I think I can make something as tragically beautiful.